Patient Appreciation Activities
I am attaching summary of activities celebrated last week back to back to cover MWF and TTS patients to thank each patient for being with us and trusting us as part of their IDT for quality of life care at our facility.
THE THEME WAS TO BE AN EDUCATIONAL BINGO THEMED HEALTH FAIR SO PATIENTS WOULD BE PASSING THESE TABLES OUTSIDE AS THEY CAME IN OR EXITED THEIR DIALYSIS TREATMENTS. NURSING HOME PATIENTS WERE ESCORTED OUTSIDE TO ENSURE THEY ALSO PARTICIPATED IN GAMES, SOCIALIZING AND GRABBED THEIR GIVE-AWAYS AND LUNCH.
For these activities, I invited some of my contacts/ special guests :
- Prohealth- provided education in access care and give-aways.
- New York Psychotherapy Counseling Center- provided give-aways, informational brochures in Eng and Span, and appointments as requested for patients. ( This is a great community resource I have used for community patients regarding clinical depression screenings and KDQOL survey positive results. ( Open 7 days a week/ until 10pm/ psychiatrist available and no appointment necessary.)
- Mt. Sinai Kidney Transplant Liaison- provided education, appointments and informational handouts in Eng and Span.
- Ambutrans Ambulette – provided donuts/ muffins/ water bottles and give-aways. Also spoke to their patients to address complaints/ questions.
- Care Pro NY home attendant services – They also provided bilingual education on benefits/ requisites and give-aways.
- Dieticians - provided education on renal diet and give-aways.
- P.A.C. – Patient Representatives - meet your P.A.C. members table. Patients had an opportunity to meet P.A.C. members from each day. ( MWF & TTS)
** As you can see, I covered access care, mental health, transplant education/ option, transportation modalities (cab or ambulette), home care benefits/ requisites, renal diet and patient engagement with their PAC reps as well.**
I welcome your feedback